Graduate Program for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies "Combined Program on Microbiology and Immunology"
- Program registration process
- Schedule of Combined Program on Microbiology and Immunology
- Schedule of Advanced Program
Microbes vs Immunity : History of the long battle
Pathogens invade into our bodies intracellularly and develop pathological conditions as if they are familiar with our body system. On the other hand, we have developed the immune system to counter against the infection of pathogens. The correlation between pathogens and the immune system represents the history of long-term battle. To overcome the infectious diseases, it is essential to understand the both mechanisms of pathogen infection and our immune response. Measures against infectious diseases including pandemic influenza, AIDS and Ebola fever threatening the whole world, have become an urgent matter beyond national borders in recent years of globalization advanced. This program aims to train researchers who can respond to such situations.
Training researchers being an expert in both infectious disease and immunology
In this subprogram, we will make use of resources in Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Immunology Frontier Research Center, and Graduate School of Medicine to provide training sessions for development of such researchers.
Understanding universal life phenomena through the studies of infectious disease and immunnity
Top researchers in the fields of infectious diseases and immunology will give lectures on basic concepts of the field and discussion sessions on important recent papers in related fields.
These sessions will be instrumental for development of leading researchers both in infectious diseases and immunology.
Combined Program on Microbiology and Immunology
Top researchers in the fields of infectious diseases and immunology will give (1) Lectures on basic concepts of the field and (2) Discussion sessions on important recent papers in related fields.
Basically, it starts every Tuesday 10:30am-, at biken hall
*At the paper discussion, it is necessary to read the assigned paper, and to prepare about backgrounds, figures and implications (what the result of the study suggests) in advance.
The researchers invited from other institute will give the seminars on the current expertise in the field of immunology and microbiology. Basically, it is held once a month 4:00pm-, at Taniguchi memorial hallschedule detail
|Qualification||graduate students in doctor course *Two-year attendance is necessary to complete this program|
|Credits||10 credits for two years||Open year|
|Class Subject||Combined Program on Microbiology and Immunology 1||25DP01||4 credits||Full year||even academic year
|Combined Program on Microbiology and Immunology 2||25DP02||4 credits||Full year||odd academic year|
|Advanced Program 1||25DP03||1 credit||Full year||even academic year
|Advanced Program 2||25DP04||1 credit||Full year||odd academic year|
Program registration process
*Registration is necessary for all of following 1-3 by April 16, 13:00pm
|URL||https://koan.osaka-u.ac.jp/Graduate Program for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies|
"Combined Program on Microbiology and Immunology"
*This is not necessary if you are in the second year of this program.
- Combined Program on Microbiology and Immunology 1 (Course Code: 25DP01, Tuesday period 2)
- Advanced Program 1 (Course Code: 25DP03, Intensive Courses, etc)
*Registration two courses are required for the program.
3.Registration contact infomation
After registration in 1and 2, please register your contact information with the program office.
E-Mail or registration form
- Student ID No.
- Graduate School
- Lab name
- Telephone No. of your lab
- E-mail address (to receive course infomation)
Attention of the registration
- This subprogram is a two-year program. It is necessary that the attendance does not start at the final year of the doctoral course.
- The start of the attendance is possible from either even (eg. 2020) or odd academic year(eg. 2019).
- All of the above-mentioned courses must be completed for completion of this program. Consequently, the total of 10 credits needs to be acquire.
- In addition to registered students, we also accept observers. Please send a mail.( )
- English or Japanese, depending on participants
- The credits of this program are nothing to do with the credits required for graduation of the regular course.
- The attendance manages by the signature to an attendance record.
- Graduate Program for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies "Combined Program on Microbiology and Immunology"